[TowerTalk] Tower Insurance

AA6DX aa6dx at pacbell.net
Thu Apr 29 18:02:33 EDT 2004

OK .. now .. next subject.  ARRL insurance.  Has anybody had RECENT experience with the ARRL policies?  In the way past, a lot hams were less than thrilled with their attempting to get satisfaction from the ARRL insurance companies...   BUT have heard nothing negative lately!  The ham who brought up the fact that if you soak your home insurance company for tower/antenna/rig losses, it could cost you the far more important coverage of your house --really brought something to mind!  I had never thought of that!  BUT .. so very true!  I live in an area (don't we all!) quite susceptible to crime .. hmmmmmmm .. if I lost $10K worth of electronics and tools, my insurance company would drop me in a New York minute!  And.. they are hard to find here in earthquake territory!  What is the latest on the ARRL insurance?  My mobile is covered, according to my agent (Farmers) just fine... w/rider.
Anybody got the scoop?
Mark   AA6DX   Far Northern California