[TowerTalk] Tower VS aeroplane

Larry Saletzki wa9vrh at mtco.com
Thu Apr 29 18:31:00 EDT 2004

Hi Rich and all,
Rich you are reading the rule wrong. Here is what was posted earlier from
the FAR's:

(c) Over other than congested areas. An altitude of 500 feet above the
surface, except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In those
cases, the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person,
vessel, vehicle, or structure.

What that means is if you are in the boon docks you can fly 10 feet over the
ground as long as you are 500 feet away (either horizontal or vertically)
from any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure. Gives a lot of lattitude but
you better be right!
73 Larry WA9VRH