[TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] Hygain Hytower 18HT

Tim Kass timkass at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 21:17:38 EDT 2004

Stick with the Hytower, had a HF-2 Butternut, not the greatest construction,
but side by side it didnt compare well at all the the Hytower, had them both
up at the same time, sold the HF-2 a month later.   73   Tim   K8WBL

>From: David W Sher <davew9lya at juno.com>
>To: Aidehua at aol.com
>CC: towertalk at contesting.com, antennas at mailman.qth.net
>Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] Hygain Hytower 18HT
>Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:30:27 -0500
>
>If you want a vertical that covers 80-6 (including WARC) try a Butternut
>HF-9V.  I have one on a suburban (55'x125') lot, with power lines on two
>sides.  I mounted mine on a 10' mast, strapped to a patio cover upright,
>and use two of the Butternut multibanmd radials plus one 67' wire for an
>80 meter radial.
>
>It can be touchy to tune up (the detachable mast allows it to be tilted
>for easier adjustments) and the bandwidth on 80 is a bout 60-70 KHz, but
>an antenna tuner (MFJ or LDG in my case) takes care of many errors.
>
>Dave               W9LYA
>"What wrought doG hath?"
>
>On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:25:12 EDT Aidehua at aol.com writes:
> > I've enjoyed the thread on this antenna, to the point where I may
> > consider
> > getting one.  I was previously considering the Steppir vertical, but
> > the
> > height/size of this one seems appealing.  I just have two concerns:
> >
> > 1) I live in a city lot and the vertical would be fairly close to
> > the house
> > (5' away) and 20' from powerlines, though the height helps.
> >
> > 2)  This antenna does not cover 6m or the WARC bands.  Any mods for
> > this?
> >
> > Your input is appreciated.
> >
> > 73,
> > Ed NI6S

> > multipart/alternative
> >   text/html
> > The reason this message is shown is because the post was in HTML
> > or had an attachment.  Attachments are not allowed.  To learn how
> > to post in Plain-Text go to: http://www.expita.com/nomime.html  ---
> > - - -
> >
> > Your moderator for this list is:
> > Larry Wilson KE1HZ antennas-owner at mailman.qth.net

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number
of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.