[TowerTalk] Tram Line Attachment

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Thu Aug 12 10:41:08 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/12/2004 9:31:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson at earthlink.net> writes:

>This weekend I plan to put up a tram line from tree trunk to tower.  What is
>the best way to attach to the tower?  TIA

Why the tower? The tramline should be attached a couple of feet above where the antenna will be mounted. If the antenna will be mounted on the mast, then the tram line needs to be attached to the mast.

For attachment I just use a 2-foot nylon sling wrapped around the mast (or leg) and a carabiner to attach the tramline. Wrapping a loop sling around the mast and pulling it thru itself gives you a secure attachment point that won't slip. If it's a big load then you might want to back-guy the mast tramline to give more support to the mast.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
888-833-3104