[TowerTalk] Rohn TB-3

Gene Smar ersmar at comcast.net
Sun Aug 15 19:59:42 EDT 2004

Trevor:

     If you want an alternative to consider, check out this posting I made
shortly after I had installed my Trylon tower:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2002-12/msg00213.html .
I describe the commercial self-centering pillow block bearing that I used
instead of the Rohn TB-3.  Kurt K7NV informed me about it at that time and
my research into it convinced me it was worth trying.  I can send a photo if
you're interested.  I found this bearing at a local industrial bearing
supplier listed in the Yellow Pages.  Cost was around $72, a couple bucks
less than Rohn's at that time.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F