[TowerTalk] Cadwelding Copper Flashing (?)

FireBrick w9ol at billnjudy.com
Sun Aug 22 19:35:38 EDT 2004

I've never seen a way to cadweld copper strip to a ground rod.
Maybe there is and I missed it.
But I use mechanical means
Two of them.
one way
Using a sawzall, I gut a kerf in the ground rod, slid the copper flashing into the kerf.
Then I drilled through the rod and the flashing and tightened with brass screws/nets.
the other
I sawed a section of 3/8" copper pipe length wise. Wrapped the flashing around the rod and
again drilled through the pipe, rod and flashing. Used brass screws, washers, and nuts.

I've tried both with and without copper conductive paste.

Sure hope someone who reads this and says that my way is wrong will let me know.
Just because this was the best way I could think of doesn't mean there isn't a better way.
Always open to suggestions and improvements.