[TowerTalk] tower common sense

Greenacres113 at aol.com Greenacres113 at aol.com
Wed Aug 25 15:49:22 EDT 2004

i agree with some of the tower thoughts.....but i climb towers after looking
them over very well.

as to pros......i built my qth from the foundation up. the county ele.
inspector was here 6 times before he passed me. he pulled open closet outlet boxes
to see if i used grommets where the wire  went into flores. lights. he moved
furnature too.
my  friend who is a local licensed electrician just shook his head in
disbelief. each visit cost $$$$$ whether you passed or not. a year later 'pros'
wired my neighbors house. 2 visits and they passed. unfortunately  my neighbor
could go into 1 bedroom and turn on the  ceiling switch  and the ceiling light in
the next room came on!! he could turn on bedroom #1 with #2s switch but that
was a bit  inconveinent!
as  with anything safety first.but i'd climb a tower that a knowledgable ham
put up as soon as a 'pro' one.
k9il