[TowerTalk] 40m Cushcraft vs HyGain

joe sloss k7mks at comcast.net
Mon Aug 30 18:18:28 EDT 2004

Would appreciate comments giving your experience in using either a Cushcraft A4S w/ 40m add-on or HyGain's 40m linear loaded rotatable dipole.  Primarily interested in 40m DX this winter and unfortunately antenna will only be at 45' which leaves something to be desired.  Looking at overall length and linear loading vs coils I feel the HyGain would be the btter performer.  I have the opportunity to procure either of these antennas at a favorable price - which one would you buy?  Thanks.  Joe k7mks