[TowerTalk] Advise on M2 6-10LP5

JCMonty JCMonty at midsouth.rr.com
Wed Dec 1 16:39:27 EST 2004

I am considering an additional directional gain antenna for my 65ft tower to
supplement my 4el SteppIR (not the MonstIR).  I prefer this to removal of
the 6-20M and replacement with the MonstIR due to probable limited cost
recovery on the 6-20M and therefore greater financial burden, as well as
lead time on delivery. Among others, I have looked at the M2 6-10LP5 and the
Optibeam OB4030, and the M2 looks financially much more attractive, as well
as having slightly better gain (at the expense of F/B on 30M) when compared
to Optibeam.  Of course I could buy the MonstIR and cross the bridge of cost
recovery this coming fall when it arrives (and that's not meant as a mean
spirited swipe at SteppIR)

May I have some of your opinions to assist me in my deliberations?

73 de AG4KM
Jim in Memphis TN