[TowerTalk] Taping wires to flat member towers

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 8 12:15:11 EST 2004

At 11:12 AM 12/8/2004 -0500, Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS) wrote:
>I'm surprised to see how close together they recommend the hangers should
>be installed.
>
>Alan NV8A
Every 5-6 feet (for no icing) seems fairly reasonable for 1/2"
cable.  Remember this is for 125 mi/hr wind, and there's going to be a
fairly hefty margin.  It's going to have to support the weight of the
cable, and the wind loads, and, presumably, for 20 years or something like
that.  I didn't read through all the pages, but I would imagine that they
calculate how much bending and tension loads the cable should see, and
choose spacings that work with that, as well.