[TowerTalk] KFI Tower in Los Angeles Collapses...

Dino Darling k6rix at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 19 17:27:07 EST 2004

I've left messages out here about being able to work on the KFI tower in a
limited capacity.  Today a light aircraft hit the tower or one of the guy
cables bringing the 750' tower to the ground.  Both passengers in the plane
were killed.  Its reported that they were inbound from El Monte when they
hit the structure.  Nobody on the ground was hurt.  I witnessed one
building being damaged and I'm told that there is a hole in a roof of
another building.  I'll be going back there this afternoon and will keep
the group posted on what is discovered.  When I left there this morning,
they still had not removed the bodies and the next of kin had arrived.  KFI
is on the air at 22.5KW on their 250' back up tower.

Dino...k6rix at earthlink.net