[TowerTalk] Help! Need specific tower/ant. photos for Zoning

Joe - WDØM WD0M at centurytel.net
Sun Dec 26 10:48:28 EST 2004

I too agree.  Before I bought my home on 5 acres in an HOA controlled
subdivision, I took pictures of where I wanted to put the tower, surrounded
by some tall pine trees, then used Photoshop to place a picture of the
tower in the trees.  The HOA committee could see what it would look
like.  I also told them that without their approval, I would not purchase
the home.  I provided a short commentary on what ham radio operators do as
a service to the community.  I also took pictures of towers in the HOA
controlled community, as an illustration that they had towers in the area
already.  I made a folder for each committee member, in color, so they
would have all the information they needed in front of them to make a
decision.  It worked like I had hoped - unanimous approval.  The tower's
been up for a year, and no complaints.  Good luck on your quest.

73,
Joe
WDØM