[TowerTalk] Problems on a 2el vertical Array

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 9 15:28:47 EST 2004

>I felt vindicated when Jim said:
>
> >Considering that the broadcast industry
> >uses the tuner approach, it's  probably
> >a winner.
>
>Yay!  Here's a photo of a some tuners, 1 per band:
>
>http://home.swbell.net/swca/radio/Tuners.JPG

I particularly like the AC voltmeter reading 122V (is that QRO-60 Hz?), and
is that a copy of QST open on the desk?

>Finally:
>
> >You think that will drive you to
> >drink, you should see the scheme I'm
> >working on.. individual receivers
> >and transmitters at each element with a
> >wireless LAN for interconnect.  No more
> >coax for me, thank you! My feedline
> >will be 110V extension cords.
>

>If BPL goes through you could dispense with the wireless LAN and just use
>the extension cords, right?

No... I'm smart enough to realize that the datarate of BPL isn't
enough..(even though I could theoretically adaptively cancel out my own
interference.. now there's a novel thought!)

>I bet some of you guys would be mortified to see what I can do with some
>tower and guy wires!

Hardly.. There's a lot to be said for an antenna that you can buy at Home
Depot.