[TowerTalk] PE Wet Stamp for Trylon

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Mon Jul 5 11:48:50 EDT 2004

In a message dated 7/5/2004 11:01:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Rich Hallman - N7TR" <rich at n7tr.com> writes:

>Its official....I just heard back from the Trylon Engineering Department
>and they confirmed they will NOT wet stamp a Trylon Self Supporting
>Tower!!  Only the Super Titan Trylon Series.

First, getting a PE package for a tower - any tower - is not rocket science; just about any PE can do the calcs and design the base.

Next, the Trylon Titan tower is not an engineered tower - it's an off-the-shelf structure so Trylon probably isn't interested in doing it because they would probably have to charge a bunch for the service (I'm speculating.) OTOH I have always been able to get a PE stamped package and building permit for any Trylon that's needed it.

I've gotten stamped PE packages for a bunch of Trylon Titan towers in several states - you just need to find a PE that's registered for your state and have him do it.

I provide anyone with sample Trylon Titan PE packages that I have had done; it's an easy matter for them to give them to their PE to use that and the tower calculator that's on the Trylon website to get some corroborating calcs. Again, this is not rocket science.

I have at least 2 PE's that I can use and their fees are a fraction of what you alluded to.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
Champion Radio Products
888-833-3104