[TowerTalk] hard hats

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Mar 2 14:03:29 EST 2004

I have for years felt vaguely guilty working on a tower without a hard hat,
but the standard construction type are just too clumsy -- the suspension
harness inside makes them wobble around on my head, and I'm forever hitting
the front brim on the tower or antenna I'm working on, plus it restricts my
upward vision.

There *must* be something better -- recently I saw some "pro" tower guys
working in what looked vaguely like the "almost no helmets" that some
Harley guys like.  Someone referred to them as hockey helmets, but they
looked more stripped down than that, with a pattern of holes over their
surface (perhaps for cooling?)

Any leads?

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database
Updated 9 Jan 04
www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm