[TowerTalk] Rohn 25G

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Fri Mar 5 14:17:17 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/5/04 10:12:35 AM Pacific Standard Time, goneil at tds.net
writes:

> I am about to go up with a couple of towers using Rohn 25G that I have.  I'm
>  looking at maybe 60 to 70 feet height for both towers and they will be
>  located approx 68' to 75' apart.  I already have in mind that one tower
will
>  get a tribander (A3S) just above the top of the tower and a 2 meter
vertical
>  at the top  of the mast.  Still deciding what I want to put up on the
second
>  tower.  I was just curious as to how big an antenna the 25G would handle at
>  a height of 60-70'?

    Well, it depends on what your local windspeed rating is. What state and
county are you in? You can check yourself at  <A
HREF="http://www.championradio.com">www.championradio.com</A> under Tech Notes.

    What does your Rohn book say? 70' of 25G @ 70 MPH is rated at 16.2 sq.ft.
of round membered antennas. It's only rated at 8.0 sq.ft. @ 110 MPH.

>  Would it handle a 2 element 40 meter beam such as the
>  CC XM240 or the High Gain 2 element 40?

    Yep.

>  Another question would be, assuming the 25G would handle such a
>  beam, would it be worthwhile considering the height would only be 60-70
feet
>  high?

    Absolutely. You won't get a lot of low angled signals but you'll kick
butt domestically and still have fun working DX.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH --
888-833-3104