[TowerTalk] Cutting cross brace on Rohn 65

KJ6RA kj6ra at starband.net
Fri Mar 5 12:46:27 EST 2004

I am looking for some opinions on possibly cutting one cross brace to
accommodate a rotator.

The problem I have is IF I mount a Big Boy PST71 in this tower (Rohn 65)
the motor protrudes in such a way, that I would have to cut one cross
brace to allow room for the rotator motor mounting. The question is,
would this have any greatly negative aspects. My initial thought was I
really didn't want to do that, but thought I would see what others may
have done in a similar situation.

The tower is a 60 foot self-supporting Rohn 65 and the rotor would be
mounted at the 50 foot joint, where the last section bolts on.

Thanks much for your input.

Rich  KJ6RA