[TowerTalk] Wall Street Journal BPL article response

Scott Johns petvet at adelphia.net
Sat Mar 13 14:29:19 EST 2004

Congrats to David Sumner and the ARRL for their excellent "letter to the
editor" published on Friday March 12 2004, Page A15, in response to a
WSJ article that touted BPL.

The original article touting BPL was published in the WSJ on March 2
2004, page B1 as I recall.  It was severely unbalanced in the sense that
it only presented one side of the BPL scenario (that of the BPL industry
itself).  My recollection is it had no mention of the "interference
problem" that the technology causes to existing licensed services.

In a service as diverse as amateur radio we may not all agree on every
topic. But we should all take a moment to recognize the value that the
ARRL provides in protecting our precious pass-band spectrum, as well as
the spectrum in general used by public safety-military-and other
services, from pollution threats such as BPL.

Best 73, Scott W3TX

All outgoing e-mails checked by Norton Antivirus