[TowerTalk] Antenna Suggestions

James C. Hall, MD nwtcc at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 13 22:00:01 EST 2004

Hi Troy:

Welcome to the ranks and congrats on your new radio !!  Given the bands
you are speaking of and the strength of the radio for this, consider
getting on the satellites.  A good eggbeater antenna will get you on
the LEO satellites easily.  Also, get on the AMSAT bulletin board for
more info.  For terrestrial work , I would choose a Diamond tri-band
vertical - don't forget a triplexer.  Also consider adding the Inrad
filters for your radio - you'll be glad you did.  I also have an '847
and I primarily use it for the sats.  Available birds right now include
AO-7, FO-29, SO-50, and AO-27.

GL es 73,

Jamie
WB4YDL