[TowerTalk] Question on concrete pour for self-supporting tower...

kb9cry at comcast.net kb9cry at comcast.net
Thu Mar 18 13:28:52 EST 2004

Another method is to rent a concrete buggy or sometimes called a Georgia buggy.  It's a motorized, self propelled cart with a dumpable section that holds about 1/2 yard.  For the money and the savings on back injuries it's another way to go.  I used one when I poured 8+ yards for my big tower last summer.  It took me an hour to go back & forth about 500 feet from the truck to the excavations.  I believe the rental was around $100.  Phil  KB9CRY