[TowerTalk] Steppir maintenance

Joe Subich, K4IK k4ik at subich.com
Tue Mar 23 16:20:02 EST 2004

There is no indication that the SteppIR will require maintenance
in five years ... or even 10 years.  I would argue that any other
antenna will require work of some kind (e.g., cleaning spiders
out of traps, replacing/repairing linear loading wires, etc.)
over a 10 year period.

The point being, the SteppIR is likely to require no more
maintenance than any other antenna, on the average.  Further,
if/when it does require maintenance the cost will probably not
be out of line.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK