[TowerTalk] Lightning resuscitation

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Tue Mar 23 18:12:54 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/23/04 9:38:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, n2ic at arrl.net
writes:
>>1-year subscription for you to Skeptical
Inquirer - The journal of the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of
Claims of the Paranormal (CSICOP).<<

Looks like we have quite a few graduates of W8JI "guru" "knowitall" academy
:-)

If you guys are willing to discuss the points, have questions or would like
to get explanation if you are not sure or familiar with "problem", I would be
glad to do that. I do not appreciate nor I think that ridicule, snotty remarks
have place here.

There is nothing paranormal, it is physics.
I will offer possible reasons for the "burial" procedure of reviving persons
hit by lightning.
If someone got direct hit that turned the person into charcoal, or the person
is "cooked" then obviously only Jesus could help them.

There are strikes that induce amount of current in the person by which person
can become paralyzed, organs, heart stop functioning due to the charge across
the body. Those who got dose of HV shock, know that your limb can be
paralyzed, becomes numb, with time the feeling comes back and limb comes to life.
The same thing happens when one gets hit by lightning, where whole body is
"charged" and paralyzed. Administering CPR can only help after the charge or
paralysys has dissipated.
By burying person in the ground, ground will speed up the dissipation of
charge and return of human organs to normal function. Our body is kind of
conductor.
My father had no reason to lie to me. Those two cases happened. He was a
(catholic) priest, he was called to give the last rights to persons. He took the
shovel (people were crying over the loss and were incapable to do anything),
dug the "grave" and in those two cases life returned.

Some would remember the story and if presented with similar situation, would
try it before pronouncing person dead, it is worth trying to revive,
especially if it is your loved one.
Smart alecs would make fun of it and serve no one.

Yuri, K3BU.us