[BULK] - Re: [TowerTalk] Adjusting SWR

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Tue May 11 12:31:11 EDT 2004

146/440 MHz verticals can be tuned at ground level and then simply
installed.  It's easy to achieve 1/2WL above ground on 146 MHz, that's only
a bit over three feet.  I've never noticed any change in tuning at all on
VHF-UHF vertical between ground level and tower level; however, if there is
interaction with the tower due to "side" mounting, that's another issue.  If
you keep the antenna far enough away from the tower that it will be nearly
omnidirectional, there shouldn't be any problem at all.  -WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill