[TowerTalk] Customer satisfaction

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Thu May 13 06:38:26 EDT 2004

> Detailing your problems here on TT may help an individual
feel better and
> maybe a few folks will think twice about placing an order,
but in some ways
> Amidon is partially correct. We amateurs with our $150.00
orders are a VERY
> small part of their business.  It is often best to buy
through distribution
> systems who do stock products.  Often response will be
even faster and
> better.
>
> Just a bit of brotherly info from a QA Engineer.

Arnie,

Amidon IS a distributor or retailer. Their only advantage is
they DO stock some parts, and will sell them in small
quantities.

They are not a manufacturer. They are not even a factory
recommended outlet or distributor for any manufacturer I
deal with.

As far as I can tell, they really are a very small potato in
the world of electronic component distributors who buy and
resell. They charge significantly more than factory stocking
distributors, and have much less inventory (at least for
parts I use).

73 Tom