[TowerTalk] Utility GND / Tower GND interconnection question

David Robbins K1TTT k1ttt at arrl.net
Sat May 29 10:06:07 EDT 2004

Put a couple rods at the tower base and connect to the service entrance
with heavy wire(2ga or 4ga I think is min size, I use 0000ga here).  It
wouldn't hurt to put extra rods connected to the same wire at the
corners of the house.  And it would be even better to make a loop all
the way around the house if you can and also connect to water line, well
casing, and any separate building grounds like garages or sheds that
have power.  Read back in the archives a bit for discussions on size of
wire, lengths of rods, how to connect it, electrical code discussions,
etc.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net