[TowerTalk] Roof mounting 5BTV

David Jones david_jones at rogers.com
Sun Nov 7 20:44:23 EST 2004

Tom,
Great stuff as always.
Have a similar scenario about to happen here.  Just moved to a smaller lot
and for the next few years a tower is not part of the plan, so a vertical in
the backyard (with many radials) will have to do.

With respect to your question about the 5BTV and the manuals suggestion of
two coax chokes, assuming a vertical mid-backyard, about 20ft from the house
with coax going to a basement shack, and your suggestion of putting the
choke further from the base to avoid radial coupling...
a) Could you get by with simply one choke at the basement wall as the coax
enters the shack (given some of the radials will be that long and longer)?
b) Do what the manual says and put one at the base and one at the basement
wall?

David VE3STT