[TowerTalk] US Tower Answered Question on Raising Fixture

Lew Lew at dsl-only.net
Fri Oct 1 03:01:45 EDT 2004

     Sri to hear that your tower had difficulties. My HDX-672 was
installed by me and then I put a M2 3 element 80M beam on it by
myself...more to see if I could do it single-handedly than anything
else. The erection device or raising gizmo works very well for those
functions. So I guess I do believe the bit about 1 man installation or
antenna servicing.
     I usually consider that any crank-up will do its level best to kill
me or you or at least try to amputate some favorite extremity as it's
rumored I've destroyed more crank-ups in a variety of creative ways than
most people will own in their lifetime. If a person uses precautions
he/she might not get hurt.
      73 and I remain,
         Lew  W7EW/W7AT