[TowerTalk] RE: [Antennas] loax 'sweet lenght'

Jamesnf at aol.com Jamesnf at aol.com
Mon Oct 11 13:59:03 EDT 2004

In a message dated 10/11/2004 11:14:29 AM Central Standard Time,
k1ttt at arrl.net writes:
> Because there is no reactance at the antenna, I presume there is no
> reactance at the transmitter end regardless of line length?

Wrong, if there is a mismatch at the antenna you can get reactance along
the line that varies in sign and magnitude.
Wrong!  If there is no reactance at the antenna, there will indeed be no
reactance at the transmitter end regardless of line length.

Jim W9TM