[TowerTalk] Night Climb

Gary mcduffie at actcom.net
Fri Oct 15 09:54:05 EDT 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 07:01:19 -0400, David J Rodman MD wrote:

> I used a Sears
> Craftsman fluorescent tube light for lighting.  I attached this securely
> and it was great illumination for working as well as ascent and
> descent.

I'm not sure why you would go to all the trouble of dragging a cord up
the tower for light these days.  Wal-Mart has several different types of
LED head-band lights for under $20 now.  I bought two different kinds.
At least one of them now goes with me everywhere I go, just in case.
The only question might be how broad an area they cover at one time.
I've used them for various things and they certainly earn their keep.

As a side note, a friend of the last 28 years prefers night climbs for
his tower work.  It beats doing it in the summer heat.  Oh...he's been
blind all his life.

Gary - AGØN

--
ag0n at arrl dot net
http colon slash slash garymcduffie dot com