[TowerTalk] Take off angles, VOACAP, etcf.

Guy Olinger, K2AV olinger at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 17 11:11:46 EDT 2004

In terms of the simple math and numbers, you are correct. But to USE
the numbers to make a construction decision is where the other
considerations come in.

If you use VOACAP running under "poor" station restrictions, you DO
come up with different figures. Angles that a broadcaster would pick
in a heartbeat are not allowed to surface without a penalty, and
powers used preclude use of a weaker but more "reliable" mode with
higher transmitted level by the broadcaster.

Guy.