[TowerTalk] US Towers TX-455 questions

Kelly Jones kelly at dxcentral.com
Tue Oct 19 13:03:34 EDT 2004

Hello to the list,

I am contemplating putting up a US Towers TX-455 and wondered if there are
any suggestions for minimum distance from the foundation of the house to
the tower base.

My concern is that wind stress might be propagated down the tower to the
base then to the house foundation.  The last thing I need is water pouring
into the basement due to a cracked foundation.

On another note, I'm trying to decide whether or not to stack a 2 element
40 with a F12 XR-5 on this tower.  Suggestions?  Advice? Good idea?  Bad
idea?  Don't even think about it?

Thanks,
Kelly - N0VD