[TowerTalk] Dayton electromechanical timers for US Tower control box RMC1000

W0YG (Charlie Summers) w0yg at myawai.com
Sun Oct 31 16:12:50 EST 2004

W.W. Grainger carries this timer.  Two are required for each MDPL type
tower.  My problem with the tower not raising was one of the TDR units.
These timers have a removable cover that allows one to get to the contacts
to burnish them if necessary.

Burnishing the contacts was a temporary cure for my tower not raising.
Whacking the side of the case, NJ9K's cure, will also snap that timer into
operation.  I don't recommend this for a long term cure unless you are
standing right by the box at the base of the tower to correct anything that
might go wrong.

It is a pity US Tower doesn't supply a manual with parts list and schematic
for their tower control systems.  However customer service has never been
one of their strong suits!

73,

Charlie, W0YG..>>