[TowerTalk] Coax Recommendation

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Thu Sep 9 12:34:13 EDT 2004

Lee

Coax?.......good question.  I assume you are using it for HF work and
perhaps 2 meter repeater work.  In that case I suggest LMR 400.  If  cost is not a
concern, go with the flexible stuff all the way up.  If cost  is a concern,
pigtail the flexy stuff for the rotor and run the solid the rest  of the way
down.  The 400 is easy to work with a mates up nicely with the  standard PL 259
connectors.  A run of around 75 feet should cost no more  than around 75 bucks
including shipping.

Lots of guys spend a few thousand on radios, towers and antennas, and then
cheap out on the coax....not very good idea.  Save the new/old RG8 for 80
meter dipoles.  Better yet, sell it at a hamfest or on ebay to help pay for  the
good coax.

Bill K4XS