[TowerTalk] R-8 Vertical and Added Radials

Mike Mattes rfman45 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 10 19:22:20 EDT 2004

I'd like to ask members for their opinions regarding the Cushcraft R-8
Vertical and its elevated radials. I'm generally pleased with the antenna
however do you feel that its performance would be improved by the addition
of a radial system (unconnected to the elevated ones) underneath the
antenna? Have any TT members tried such a thing?
Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge. If you wish to contact me
off-site my address
is <rfman45 at hotmail.com>. In any event, I'll report to the group what the
consensus is.

                                                        Mike Mattes W2LO