Fwd: [TowerTalk] FCC Tower Registration

Michael Urich ka5cvh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 20:07:07 EDT 2004

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:47:02 +0000, Rob Atkinson, K5UJ <k5uj at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Warning:  **This is not an expert reply**

Mike wrote

Nor is this one.

I have heard that in the case of the cell sites that the cell company
reports the cost of construction and fixed asset value to the local
taxing agencies and you wind up paying property <and school> tax on it
each year.

The one case I heard of <near Austin TX> the increase in property
taxes was about double the revenue the tower brought in.  In your case
YMMV but just ask all your taxing authorities to be sure.
--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

Character = How you treat people who can do nothing for you in return!