[TowerTalk] GPS receivers

Michael Urich ka5cvh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 09:15:45 EDT 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 07:02:17 -0600, Gerry Smith <w6ter at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> A friend who is a real outdoor type and a kayaking instructor swears by
> Garmin. He thinks Magellan is junk, by the way.

Mike wrote

I don't disagree that Garmin is by far is a better unit than the
Magellan.  I however don't consider the Magellan to be junk.  I've
compared my Magellan against Garmins three times the cost and they had
the same Lat-Lon down to the 5th decimal place and +/- 5 meters <16
feet> of elevation.
--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

Character = How you treat people who can do nothing for you in return!