[TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune news: Ham radio tower has the OKsignal

kelly at thejohnsons.ws kelly at thejohnsons.ws
Fri Sep 24 16:10:39 EDT 2004

Hams deserve to be protected, not because of their emergency communications, but
because our neighbors should not be able to tell us what to do with our property
except for health and safety issues.  They should be allowed to require "reasonable"
safety standards, but prohibiting towers...no.  If this is allowed, why not allow my
neighbor to dictate what color paint I can use, what type of architecture I can use,
what color draperies, etc.  It sounds like a planned development.  There are lots
of people that willingly move into planned developments with all of their ridiculous
rules.  Leave the rest to those of us that prefer freedom to neighborhood control!!!
If my neighbor wants to live in a cookie cutter neighborhood and wants to dictate
every aspect of his neighbors existence, then there are numerous planned developments
in which he can do so.  In fact, in this area it's nearly impossible to find
a home built in the last 30 years that doesn't have an anti-antenna CC&R and/or
an HOA.  For every "free" neighborhood, there are probably half a dozen
HOA controlled neighborhoods.  Trust me, people like that have a lot more places
(and nicer ones in most cases) to choose from.  Leave my neighborhood to
those that prefer "personal property rights" to HOA control!!!!