[TowerTalk] Restrictions v. rural life and towers

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Sat Sep 25 14:57:52 EDT 2004

It's interesting where I live here in Tujunga, Ca - Rob. We are right
in the foothills of the San Gabriel mountains just a stones throw
from the Angeles National Forest, but only 15 minutes from
downtown LA (when the traffic is light). In the past, this community
has had a reputuation for being an enclave for horse people, bikers,
and other "free spirited" types. With the pressure on real estate
supply, however, there are more and more mainstream pickett
fence types pushing west from the more affluent communities of
La Canada and La Crescenta (you can pick up a good 3/2 here
for the rock bottom price of $450K that would cost you $700K+
further east). It makes for an interesting contrast. Just up the
road from me is an old timer who has his workshop/junkyard in
his front yard (drill presses, old kitchen appliances, an old RV,
an old boat and trailer, etc). Right next to him (about 30' away)
is a brand new $500,000 three story house fully landscaped and
ready for Home and Garden TV :):)