[TowerTalk] Stacking 20m and 15 meter mono banders on the same mast.

kk9a@arrl.net kk9a at arrl.net
Sat Apr 2 09:27:10 EST 2005

I have a similar situation at my home in Aruba.  I have a homebrew 4 el 20m
(36' boom) and a 4 el 15m (24') 7' above it.  The 20m antenna is unaffected
by the 15m.  The 15m appears to still have good gain and a nice SWR curve,
but the curve is a little different than when tested alone.  I also did some
modeling and research before installing this and it appears that the biggest
effect on 15m is some loss of F/B.  Your proposed 10' spacing would
eliminate more of the F/B degradation and it should work fine.  I use an
aluminum mast for corrosion resistance and had to settle on less separation
and I am very pleased with the performance.   I mounted my 10m antenna on a
TIC Ring 30' below the 20m antenna.  My next challenge is to find a small
40m beam that I can put on the mast that won't screw up the 15m or 20m
antennas.  You can see a picture on http://www.qrz.com/p40a

73,
John  KK9A / P40A