[TowerTalk] Rohn 55 anew

Barrie Smith barrie at centric.net
Sat Apr 2 21:52:20 EST 2005

I certainly appreciate all the good ideas I've received here in response to my query regarding adapting Rohn 55 to my existing base.

K7LXC:  Yes, the "incident" has been reported to the insurance company and photos sent.  It seems that (other than my $1000.00 deductable) all will be covered,

The relative strength of Rohn 55 was brought up a couple of times during the course of the responses.  So, how strong is it?  Relative to?  Is that an easily answered question?

I plan on going up 80' , with guys at the top and midway, and planting a full or near-full-size 40M beam atop.

Does this sound reasonable?

Also, I've only visited one Rohn dealer's site.  There, Rohn 55 was $259.00 per ten feet.  Is that price ballpark?  Are there less expensive places?  There's shipping to consider, as well.

Thanks, again,

Barrie, W7ALW