[TowerTalk] new tower / antennas questions

Keith Dutson kjdutson at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 18 16:13:23 EDT 2005

Gary,

I would put the 40 beam above the WARC beam (higher is better).  The M2
rotator is a good choice.  Separation of 10 feet should be adequate without
having to place the beams in separate directions.  Leave the remainder of
the mast in the tower to avoid excessive wind load.

I would also keep the A4S in place at 45 feet and stack it with the upper
beam while on 20-15-10.  This will give you the best of both worlds (high
and low elevation) during contests and DX hunts.  You can rotate the A4S
using a simple rotator with a swing arm, or a ringrotor (more expensive), or
fix it toward Europe and stack only for operation to the east.  There is a
saying: Once you stack, you won't go back. :)

73, Keith NM5G