[TowerTalk] Mystery tribander

Chris Hurlbut c_hurlbut at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 28 22:56:31 EDT 2005

Recently the U of Idaho ARC was donated a 40 foot free standing tower
and tribander.  Both are in fairly sad shape, but we are trying to
restore them for Field Day use this year.  Our problem is that the
tribander has no documentation and no markings on it whatsoever.  It is,
of course, disassembled, so we aren't real sure on how to put it
together, or even if all the pieces are there.

Here is the problem.  It *looks* like it has 2 elements on 15 and 20,
and 3 elements on 10, the 3rd element being a non-trapped 10m only.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?  I imagine it is fairly old, and has
been out of production for years.  Looking for a manual to set it up
with.  We could probably wing it and figure it out eventually, but any
help would be appreciated!

-Chris KL9A