[TowerTalk] Aermotor Windmill Tower

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 30 13:25:03 EDT 2005

Just for what it's worth, K4KG's ( now SK ) windmill type tower is
still standing. It is over 100' tall, and was custom made for him, I
think by Telex. I would guess the bottom base section is about 8'
across. It's got a huge log periodic on top (also custom made for
him...I think 40-10)  and the rotor is about the size of a motorcycle
engine.

His family has no interest in ham radio, and might be open to an
offer. Believe me, you will definitely need a BIG crane to take that
thing down. I used to climb it for Bill and it is so rock solid, you
never feel even a tiny bit of movement. I'd guess about
3 people could stand comfortably on the top.

73
Ed