[TowerTalk] Summer rebuilding

dennis o'connor k8do at mailblocks.com
Mon Aug 1 13:12:41 EDT 2005

I'm busily installing radials for  80 meter verticals... Rock hard clay
soil mixed with sandy spots... I'm having to use a power edger to cut
grooves and then push the radials into the cut and pound the groves
closed  in the clay, and fight with keeping a grove in the sandy areas
long enough to get the wire in... Hot work under a summer sun with
sweat running into your eyes...

More relay boxes are planned for the new antenna array and the relays
are on back order (arggghh)... Also the 160 meter tower that has to
come down to replace the base insulator and then be put up again... And
then there are the 4,000 feet of beverages that i haven't even gotten
around to... Contest season is looking closer and closer already...

What's everyone else up to?

denny