[TowerTalk] Sparky Pays a Visit

Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS) nv8a at att.net
Wed Aug 3 16:27:23 EDT 2005

I don't yet have my tower up and any lightning protection in place. I
bought a bunch of Polyphaser devices at Dayton, but at present I am
simply disconnecting everything when the station is not in use.

Your single-point ground panel seems to contravene a basic
recommendation made by Polyphaser -- to have distinct "protected" and
"unprotected" sides separated as far as possible (sorry, I can't find a
diagram on their Web site, but see Fig. 12 in
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/pdf/0207048.pdf).

You have cables crossing from one side of the grounding panel to the
other, which I understand to be highly undesirable.

Comments?

73

Alan NV8A

On 08/03/05 03:46 pm Joe - WD0M tossed the following ingredients into
the ever-growing pot of cybersoup: