[TowerTalk] Lifting 45G?

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Mon Aug 8 12:22:30 EDT 2005

Hiya, Tom --

    How did you sling them? My preference is to sling them on the top so
it'll hang dead vertical making installation easy. I looked at the N3OC photos and
they rigged it from the side. That's going to put it at an angle due to the
headache ball and it looks like mating the sections will be harder.

    My question had to do with picking up 100' from the top, not down the
tower - I guess I didn't clarify that part. Of course picking it at 70 feet or so
is safer but I'm disinclined to do it because I think it'll make the
installation harder (I like things easier). Thoughts?

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC