[TowerTalk] elevating an HF6V

ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca ve4xt at mb.sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 12 11:22:15 EDT 2005

Roger, VE3ZI, added:

> This is only my experience, but I think you will be disappointed.
>
> I have an old AV3, which for many years I had on a 20' pole - using a
tuned
> radial kit from a Butternut. It was little better than a dummy load - my A4S
> was at least 4 s points better under all circumstances. Last summer I
moved

Hi Roger,
Thanks. I wonder, though, if you weren't disappointed with the elevated
AV3 because of insufficient decoupling between either the pole (if it was
metal) or the shield of the feedline.

The 20-foot length would, I think, disrupt the intended pattern of the AV3.

A former friend once had an R5 roof-mounted, and it performed quite well.

I'll let you know if I get any other feedback.

73, kelly
ve4xt