[TowerTalk] KT34A Tuning Problem - Resolution!

Karl Bullock karl at dixie-net.com
Sat Aug 13 21:23:12 EDT 2005

Thanks to all who responded to my KT34A problem.  Marc, ON4MA suggested
it might just be a loose wire in the balun.  So, I used my Dremel tool
to take the top off the balun, and yep - loose wire.  After soldering it
back, resealing the balun, and reinstalling it - guess what?  The KT34A
now is resonant perfectly on all bands.  One more wrinkle in my brain!
I wouldn't have guessed the balun, and more importantly, the lack of a
balun, would affect the resonance that much, but it did.

Again, thanks to all.  Now I can use my tuner on the other antenna,
which is what I bought it for!

73,

Karl, WA5TMC