[TowerTalk] Raising fixture strength

Richard (Rick) Karlquist (N6RK) richard at karlquist.com
Mon Aug 15 23:30:17 EDT 2005

I think someone posted on TT that UST said it could
hold an extra 500 lbs.  On my TRX100/HDX5106 setup,
I raised it up an inch and then sat down on the end of the tower
(almost 200 lbs).  That didn't even faze it, so I
figured I was OK with antennas.  Also, if you can
attach the antennas without totally lowering it to
the ground, it can handle more weight, because the
leverage is better.

Rick N6RK