[TowerTalk] Raising fixture strength

Pat Chiles patchiles at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 16 10:07:10 EDT 2005

Tony,

I posed this question on Towertalk last fall when installing my HDX555.  If
you look in the archives you will find responses dated 9/30/2004 and
11/13/2004.  There are 8-10 responses.

That being said, I use the same fixture you mentioned to raise from near
horizontal my HDX555, a chromoly mast that weighs 140lbs and sticks out 20
feet, a TH7 at 23 feet when retracted, a XM240 at the end of the mast, and a
rotator plus all the cables.  All of this weighs about 350lbs.

I replaced my stock winch with a Fulton 2500LB that has a 15:1 ratio.  I
believe the stock winch that comes with the fixture is a Fulton 1500LB 5:1
ratio.  The difference is like night and day.

Pat, K8PC